Bonjour Belles!


H. Shar
21 years old
Singapore
Youtube addict
loves makeup and anything beauty
Arcade Goddess
Music Lover
Ultimate Bookworm

Tweet Me



The Hamlet of Skincare
Saturday, October 5, 2013 | 0 comments
To Clarisonic or not to clarisonic, that is the question.

I have mulled over this for months, years actually. I remember that I wanted to get it so badly at around the age of 20 when my skin went completely crazy and broke out in adult acne. But the hefty price tag on this baby is a major turn-off. It WILL make you think twice. I know it did for me. And I have put it off until recently, when I have finally taken the plunge and got myself one on a complete impulse buy.

First off, what is a clarisonic? It is essentially a sonic toothbrush for your face. Think of it as a giant vibrating toothbrush for your face. Sounds crazy but this device claims to clean skin 6 times better than your hands and will make your cleanser work harder for you. It also helps with daily exfoliation and helping to refine the texture of the skin.

What really put me off, besides the price (it costs SGD$215 for my Clarisonic Mia 2), were the MULTIPLE claims of a "purging" stage. Does that not sound horrific? "PURGE". After finally getting my skin somewhat under control, I am terrified of losing what little control I have and break out in a million zits that I can't cover up. *touchwood*
                               


I have been using it for about 2 weeks now. And my verdict... It is NICE.

That is the best way to put it. It is a nice gadget and it does make my skin incredibly smooth. It helps alot with my pores and blackheads and it really does make my skincare absorb so much better. I feel like my serums are sinking in so much deeper into the layers of skin. So to the claim that it makes my skincare more effective, I can say that it really does that.

However, I did have one or two more breakouts than usual upon my first use. I wouldn't call it a purge though. It just sounds too horrible. It was just abit more than usual and to be fair, my zits healed alot faster than usual. I do not believe that skin can actually purge. If ever my skin reacts badly to anything, I will stop it immediately and not bother to even continue. That was why I was worried to make such a hefty investment. Thankfully, my skin did like it and I have noticed some good results after using it for a while. Keep in mind though, I use it only once a day and not the recommended twice a day.

SO, Is it the end-all-be-all of all skincare related products? Is it essential?

To be real, no. But it does have value-added into my skincare routine and I do like it very much! I have exhausted every other method before this. I have tried chemical exfoliants such as the Alpha-H Liquid Gold and glycolic toners. I also have used Konyak Sponges, which I find really effective too and are a greater cheaper alternative. I still use my sponge every morning. If you are still not satisfied after all that, then maybe you should give the clarisonic a try. But if your skin is doing well maintaining itself as it is, then there is definitely no real need for this.

I will continue with it and see how it goes.

My only problem was what cleanser to use with it. At first I just continued with my Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, which worked alright. But it couldn't get the deep clean I wanted. Right now I am using the Shiseido Aqualabel Milky Mousse Foam with Collagen. I also have the sensitive brush head that it comes with on initial purchase. It's working very well. I think the clarisonic works much better with foaming cleansers. It just feels more satisfying that way. Haha!

xoxo,
H. Shar

Labels: , , , , ,


Older Post