Bonjour Belles!


H. Shar
21 years old
Singapore
Youtube addict
loves makeup and anything beauty
Arcade Goddess
Music Lover
Ultimate Bookworm

Tweet Me



Time for Change
Monday, September 23, 2013 | 0 comments
I have abandoned this blog due to life just taking its course and me, finding excuses and being just plain lazy. But I feel that I need to start picking this up again. I used to think that I wanna blog for the sake of gaining followers and being a "famous" beauty blogger. I realized that that shouldn't be the case. I am putting unnecessary pressure on myself and I made something that I enjoy, which is writing and reviewing things a challenge and a chore.

Also, I jut had ridiculous expectations for myself and ended up setting myself up for failure... Well, in my eyes at least.

So I finally I got back on my horse, after months of postponing for fear of making the same mistakes. I have decided that the one fundamental change would be that this blog is ultimately gonna be for myself. For me to chronicle all my latest beauty discoveries and all the girly things that make me happy as well as things that didn't really work out. So that I can have something to refer to, and maybe help out one or two people who might be looking for unbiased opinions.

Let's Start With Skincare:

This is by far my one and true passion because I am on a constant mission to achieve great skin. My skin so far has come a long way from its acne days but it is far from perfect. I still do get breakouts, particularly hormonal acne on my chin and cheeks. No matter how much I spend on skincare, I haven't found my holy grail combination yet. THIS IS MY GOAL. Even skin texture and colour, so much so that I can step out of the house without a smidgen of makeup and not feel like a troll that has just surfaced from the sewers of GOD KNOWS WHERE.

But because I live in the city and in hot and humid Singapore, the task is a monumental one.

Time for a skincare overhaul.

Makeup-wise, I can't wear that much due to my work. And to be honest, makeup is something that I am not particularly good at. However, it is something that I do enjoy. I will continue to dabble in this and report back with any new obsessions I might have.

I am also constantly on the look out for hair care products that work on me. I used to have really awesome thick hair but the stress and all the damage I had inflicted on my poor hair has caused it to thin out quite drastically. Now I look for nourishing products that don't weigh my hair down and I am attracted to volumizing products that help with the appearance of fuller looking locks.

So this is it.

I hope I stick with it and find gems that will help me become a better version of myself.

Labels: , ,


Older Post | Newer Post