Bonjour Belles!


H. Shar
21 years old
Singapore
Youtube addict
loves makeup and anything beauty
Arcade Goddess
Music Lover
Ultimate Bookworm

Tweet Me



Vichy Normaderm Loves.
Thursday, December 29, 2011 | 0 comments
Empties~!

Okay, it seems really befitting that at the end of 2011, I pumped my final pump of my fave moisturiser 'Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care'. GOSH, that was a mouthful. Thankfully, I bought a back-up of it a few months ago so I do not have to go without it. And this just proves how much I love this stuff.

Honestly, I never really bothered with moisturisers 'cos I thought with my super oily skin I can't afford to slather more stuff on my face. But mid this year, my skin took a turn for the worse and I developed adult acne. In my desperation to get rid of it, I bought the entire Vichy Normaderm line. ALL OF IT. And I did see some great results at first, before finding out some things that did not work well with my skin and some that did. The TWO things from the line that I highly recommend and have REPURCHASED (trust me, this is BIG 'cos I hardly EVER repurchase anything. I always try out new stuff 'cos I get bored of it) are the 'Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care' and the 'Vichy Normaderm Imperfection Prone Skin Lotion' (no alcohol). The former is a light moisturiser and the latter is a toner.

One thing to keep in mind is that the toner is different from the one usually advertised, which is the 3-in-1 Unclogging Purifying Toner. That one has alcohol and salicylic acid to help fight breakouts. I prefer the one with NO ALCOHOL, as it is more gentle on my skin, seeing as I use toner everyday, twice a day. Also, 'cos I have ridiculously sensitive skin, this was a much better option.



The moisturiser is really up there in my Holy Grail status. It's absolutely amazing. This is advertised to be suitable for sensitive skins and it has definitely not broken me out, in fact, I would go so far to say that it helped with my skin significantly. Not so much in the frequency of breakouts, but in the general texture of my skin. The best part about this moisturiser is how incredibly light it is. It feels like NOTHING on my skin but STILL hydrating it. My skin just feels so much more comfortable after I've put it on. OH BEAR IN MIND THOUGH: I have Dry/combination/acne-prone/sensitive skin. So, in general, my skin appreciates the moisture.

It's main active ingredients that it claims to help fight acne (while moisturising) are...

30.14% Lipo-HydroxyAcid (LHA): A patented molecule derived from L’Oréalresearch, LHA acts on the surfaceby gently exfoliating the skin to eliminate imperfections.

0.5% Salicylic acid: A benchmark molecule in dermatology, this powerful exfoliantloosens the cells accumulated in the sebum duct, unclogging the obstructed pores.

0.175% Glycolic acid: Small in size, glycolic acid penetrates deeper into the skin to target the pores, causing exfoliation and stimulating cellular renewal.

Silica: Selected for its ability to absorb sebum.
And a new generation of structuring gelling agents (sodium polyacrylateand derivatives) with 2% increase in glycerin to provide comfort and 24-hour intense hydration to the skin.

This product is definitely not 'natural' and is chock-full of silica. And i can feel this 'cos once I've slathered this on my skin, it sinks into it and is absorbed while leaving it EXTREMELY smooth to touch. THIS is the silica at work. It's not that my skin amazingly became that smooth, but it helps reduce pores and sebum, while creating a better texture of the skin after application. WHICH MEANS, it is perfect under makeup. PERFECT. You don't even need extra primers 'cos this works similar to one. The con would be the pro as well. 'Cos it is packed with silica, it might clog pores for those with extremely acne prone skin. But generally, it leaves your skin feeling really soft and matte. It is very mattifying, a PLUS in my book as many other moisturisers leave me greasy within minutes.

The other ingredients also help with acne. Mostly in the sense that it helps reduce redness and inflammation. This was what I noticed most about this product. It won't GET RID of your acne but it will help it in it's healing process and prevent it with the anti-bacterial properties of salicylic acid and prevent too much dead skin cells from clogging your pores with glycolic acid.

OH!! And THIS STUFF SMELLS DIVINE~!!!
Both the toner and the moisturiser have a clean floral scent that I WISH could be turned into a perfume 'cos I would totally wear it. I am so in love with the smell. It is not over-powering for me. But it is definitely more scented than some of the previous skincare I've used, so HEADS UP to those who are sensitive to perfumes. Overall, this is the PERFECT moisturiser for those with oilier skins (but still need the hydration) and for the hot tropical climate where I live in.


The TONER is really really gentle. I can use it in abundance without having my skin feel tight and uncomfortable. It helps remove any excess dirt or cleanser left on my face and preps it for the moisturiser afterwards. Although I know that toners are not essential steps in a skincare regime, and that they are essentially ways for beuaty companies to suck more money out of you, I do believe that this product was beneficial to my skin. It claims to reduce pores, reduce redness and fight acne. I think it does help fight acne but not in its ingredients but in the fact that with this extra step, my skin will be THOROUGHLY clean. That prevents the likelihood of pore-cloggings, reducing the breakouts. Also, this contains some salicylic acid (but not such a significant amount so I dunno if it really helps). I am just thankful for it's fresh scent and gentle formula (no alcohol) thus it doesn't strip my skin of its moisture but instead helps replenish some of it (as it contains water and glycerin).

I think this stuff is GREAT! It truly cleanses and cleans. My pores are not drastically reduced but the texture or skin has generally improved through the usage of both this products.

Do I recommend them? YES DEFINITELY. Vichy is a reputable european brand with reasonable prices. The moisturiser costs SGD$39 for a 50ml bottle (with a handy pump) and the toner costs SGD$32 for a 200ml bottle. Abit of a splurge at first but the moisturise lasts SUPER LONG, about 8 months (with daily usage, mostly once a day. You only need half a pump for the whole face). The toner runs out more quickly, about 3 months? Depending how much I use it.

Will I repurchase? YES. I already have. LOL! BUT I probably won't repurchase the toner again simply 'cos I think it is too pricey for how long it lasts. Plus, it's not exactly irreplaceable. Also, I'm trying to switch to more natural, organic products that are more environmentally friendly. Gradually. So, I'm probably gonna be switching to Witch Hazel Toner. Also, Vichy's owned by L'oreal (so you may find some good dupes there) and they test on animals and are not exactly well-known for using the 'purest/best' ingredients.

STILL, it will be difficult to find a replacement for my Tri-Active Hydrating Care Moisturiser 'cos it is just THAT amazing.

xoxo,
H.

Labels: , , , ,


Older Post | Newer Post